Wednesday, May 4, 2011

3 Years

Tonight we all got together at work and celebrated our friend Jessica's birthday. She turns eighteen on May 5th but we celebrated today due to all of our busy schedules. I baked a cake this afternoon and met up with John and we met our friends Olivia and Jessica at work and had cake, ice cream and then watched a movie. Its a great inexpensive way to celebrate a birthday considering we all work at the movie theater. Its a perfect place to hang out.
I cant believe I've been working at AMC for so long. Its a bit late but I received my three year pin this past weekend. My three year anniversary at AMC was officially on April 8th. I was hired and started working at AMC on April 8th of 2008. I cant believe its been so long but its the best first job I could of ever asked for. So many people have come and gone since I was hired but I've made alot of life long friends. We hang out, go places and do things all the time together. Not only have I met some great friends but I met my boyfriend John at AMC. I didn't know him before I started working at AMC but we started talking and things just kind of fell into place. I got to be apart of a beautiful wedding for two good friends of mine that I met through AMC and have worked with for quite a while. I met one of my closest friends Olivia through working at AMC and now we hang out weekly and we go see Hanson in concert every year. I have some best friends outside of work but all my closest friends right now are the people I work with. AMC isn't just a job, everyone there is a family. The company gets together and plays softball on random weekdays. The managers hang out with us outside of work. Things like that aren't normally seen at most jobs but at AMC we're all great friends and even if I start another job in the future I hope I can stay at AMC at least one day a week. I'll probably keep in touch with everyone from AMC for the rest of my life. If I part ways I will always come back and visit.

Happy Birthday Jessica, here's to many more fun work days at AMC!

Jessica













John, Jessica and I.













Jessica and Olivia.













The double chocolate cake I made for the birthday girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment