Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pet Sitting

Yes... once again I am pet sitting at Jessica and Carl's. They are out of town in Washington for Carl's work. They asked me to live at their house for the week to watch the cats while their away. How could I turn down free money? Watching cats is basically like free money. Jess and Carl's cats have a bowl of food that gets left out at all times. They have a water system that automatically runs fresh water at all times and the cats have three litter boxes scattered around the house to use. Carl's parents took their dog Tybalt this week so I don't even have to worry about watching him. All I have to do this week is watch over the two cats. Thus, I'm basically getting free money. Come eat our food, watch our TV, hang out, do whatever you want and here's $100 dollars. Cats are pretty independent, there isn't really much I need to do. The money does come in handy for gas though. I still do have to drive about 45 minutes each way from Jessica's to back home or vise versa for work and school. Usually I want as many hours as I can get at work and I'll take peoples shifts. This week however I was glad I wasn't scheduled alot though. I don't want to be driving back and forth all week wasting my gas. I was only scheduled to work Tuesday and Thursday this week so its not a problem. :)
Yesterday night the storms were really bad though. I was driving back out to Jessica's from being at work all night and I was driving directly into extreme lightning. It was about 11:30 at night and the lightning was coming down in streaks sideways across the sky as I drove out to Lock port. Everything turned out to be ok here in Lock port but apparently some of the towns near by lost power.
One crazy thing that did happen to me last night was that my AC Adapter blew up like a fire cracker. It was so scary! I seriously thought the entire bed was going to start on fire. I plugged my AC Adapter into the wall for my computer and pulled the cord so it was up on the bed. All the sudden out of no where is this huge popping noise that sounded like a firecracker. My AC Adapter starts smoking, I immediately take it out of my computer and turn the power switch to the outlet off. I left it in the outlet all night because I was to afraid to touch it. In the morning after school I ended up taking it in to the computer place I go to back home and the guy gave me a new AC Adapter at no charge. He said he had never seen anything like that before. I don't really know what happened but my AC Adapter has been working fine for months at my house. I'm still convinced that it was Jessica's outlet. I guess I'll never know but I'm just glad I got a new adapter. Seems something always has to go wrong when I'm at Jessicas haha. Last time I pet sat for them my car broke down on the highway. This time my AC Adapter blows up. Whats next?





No comments:

Post a Comment