Thursday, March 15, 2012

Goodbye College!

This still doesn't seem real to me but next week is my last week of college. My classes are all basically finished by now. All that's left to do is any final preparation for my portfolio show on March 22nd. I already have my business cards and resumes printed and ready to go. I have all my images printed, they just need to be mounted. I have my design layout for my table done. So really there isn't much left to do, its all done. The one and only project for school I have left to complete is my physics creative project. I'll hand that in on Wednesday and be officially done with any school work for the rest of my life!! I'm kind of very excited about being done with school forever! Maybe the freaking out and nervousness will settle in after I graduate? Right now I feel excited and happy about it all. I've just been running around like crazy these past few weeks. So as soon as the portfolio show ends on Thursday I'll be skipping out of there. I'll have so much more time I wont even know what to do with myself. I'll be able to do all these random things I've been wanting to do for so long. I know I'll have to start cracking down and looking for a photography job somewhere though. I'm going to keep freelancing though. Party's, friends weddings, graduations, birhtdays, photo shoots with Chandra. So I expect you all to be calling me for photo shoots! I'll need to get lots of practice in. Especially you guys Burrits!! I would love to do a photoshoot with all the girls.
For the portfolio show on March 22nd they invite hundreds of employers and businesses to come and view all of the work we'll be displaying at our tables. You could get a job from this show or you could make some great contacts for the future. It all depends but its a very professional show where all the students dress up and talk to all the businesses that come in to see their work. Family and friends are also aloud to come in after the businesses from 2-3 pm.
At the show I will be displaying a box full of images I have mounted onto foam core board. The images I display are supposed to be my strongest images. The best images I've taken during my career at the Art Institute. I will also have two or three larger pictures to display on easels behind my table along with my business cards and resumes. This portfolio show is a requirement for graduation. As soon as the show ends at 3:00 pm and they give us the ok we have officially graduated from the Illinois Institute of Art. Our official graduation ceremony wont be until June though and we'll receive our diploma's over the summer. So once I officially graduate on Thursday I'll technically already have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Digital Photography. I just wont be getting my official copy of the diploma yet.
I wanted to post some of the pictures I'm using in the show here on my blog to see what other people think of them. I feel these are some of my strongest images. My teachers, friends and family have helped me narrow my collection of photos down to this. Everyone says my strongest images are my black and white ones. What do you think? Since I like portraiture the most I will be displaying most of my images of people at the show. However I need to show that I can do a variety of things so I've also selected a few outdoors shots to go along with the portraiture I'm displaying at the show.





































1 comment:

  1. Holly, what an exciting accomplishment! Congrats on all of your hard work. We're so happy for you! And we NEED to do a photo shoot with the girls!!! I would love outdoor shots of my two interacting. Where is a good place? Morton Arboretum? Where have you done some of your outdoor shoots? If the weather holds up, should we try for April?

    ReplyDelete