Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hanson Concert


















About two years ago my friend Olivia was hanging out with my boyfriend John and I in his basement and we were on my YouTube channel. Suddenly, Olivia reads through my music category and notices I have Hanson listed. "You like Hanson!" she says, "I'm a huge Hanson fan"
"I don't know anyone else who likes Hanson". From that day on we made a pact that we would go see them in concert at the House of Blues in Chicago.
That sounded alot like a book! Haha. Anyways yesterday was Friday the 13th, luckily nothing bad happened to us while we were downtown. We caught the train around 3:00 and headed down to Chicago for a Hanson concert at the House of Blues. This was my second time seeing Hanson in concert. Olivia and I went last October to see them as well. Olivia has seen them in concert three times but the first time she ever went to see them she went alone. At that time she didn't know me and so she didn't know anyone else who was into them. Hanson isn't a huge famous popular band anymore so Hanson fans are few and far between. However, now she has a Fanson buddy (Hanson Fan Buddy) to go to all the concerts with.
The show was amazing, even better then last time! I was awe struck at how good the opening act was as well and at how amazing Hanson's new songs were. Hanson played a mixture of there old songs and they also played quite a few songs from there new album. The opening act was Rooney, a band I had never heard of before. They were amazing though, alot of there songs were fun and upbeat. I freaking love Rooney, they did a great job. Now of course your technically not aloud to take pictures or video tape but that's no fun! I took a bunch of pictures and video taped half the concert. They don't check anyones bags or camera cases when they walk in so I got in with all my gear and I got alot of good footage.
Theres not many Hanson fans that I personally know of besides Olivia, nobody really knows Hanson still exists haha. Those few people who still actually remember the band Hanson usually just know them as those long blonde hair brothers or they know them as the guys who created the song MMMBop or even those three brothers who look like girls. However, they are all amazingly talented and they are now all married and have kids so nobody can make fun of them!
I plan on going to see many more Hanson Concerts at House of Blues with Olivia, we'll start a tradition and go every year.





















The Ticket














Olivia and I















Hanson- Shout it Out tour















Isaacc on guitar, Zack on drums and Taylor on piano/singer, harmonica ect.















Me sporting my lovley I love Hanson t-shirt. After the concert we didnt have time to go to the bathroom and buy merchendise. So what did we do... we risked peeing in our pants and got merchendise instead. After we waited forever through the crowd to buy our stuff we had to sprint back to Union Station. We had to try and catch the 10:50 train because if we didnt make that train the next one wasnt until 12:40. We sprinted as fast as we could from the House of Blues to Union Station almost peeing ourselfs. We finally made it to the train station and the train was gone, we had missed it. We had two whole hours to kill, some how me made it through the two hours and eventually got on the train and made it home. I didnt get home until about 2:00 am.
















Metra train- Union Station




No comments:

Post a Comment