Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Serpentine Belt

Today started out as a perfectly great day. I didn't have work today so I was able to sleep in really late. I woke up around 10 am and I was very excited all day because my friends and I were going to be going skating for the $1 Wednesday skate at Coachlite skate rink in Roselle later on. Unfortunately my one friend had no ride because his car was broke and in the shop so he had to cancel. My other friend Jessica and I were still planning on going by ourselves up until last minute. I'm about to leave in like ten minutes and head to our work to meet up with her when she calls me and tells me she got loaded with homework tonight and wouldn't be able to make it either. This fun roller skating night that I had been looking forward to all week went completely downhill last minute. I was kind of sad because I had really wanted to go. Even more disappointing was that John kept saying, "I have a surprise for you" all day Tuesday. On Monday we were supposed to hang out but he ended up having a million things to do so he had to cancel with me. I thought he meant he had a surprise for me on Thursday when we were going to hang out to make up for Monday when he had to ditch me but no...
Turns out he gave his shift away tonight so he could come skating. He goes to Coachlite and calls me from there and says "where are you? are you guys at coachlite?" I explained to him that Jessica had canceled on me and I wasn't going anymore. The surprise was that he was going to show up and skate with us and I didn't know it. I could of still gone there and met up with him and we could of skated.
So forget the whole skate thing. John says never mind skating just come over to my house and we'll hang out. So I'm driving on the highway and not only do I miss my exit to get off and start heading to John's house but my car starts making all these weird noises. John's really into cars so I call him right away and try to explain the situation. He says he doesn't really know whats wrong but to just keep coming over we'll look at it then. I get back onto the road and start driving some more and all the sudden I have to pull over again because my car is starting to lock up. The AVS light turns on which means theres something wrong with the breaks I guess. I don't know anything about cars but apparently my serpentine belt snapped. My car wont even start back up so John has his friend Joe who's a certified mechanic on his way to find me and there both in separate vehicles trying to track me down. Me being the terrible with directions type of person that I am can barley tell them where I am. I'm trying to explain the area like ten thousand times. Finally John comes and rescues me and takes me home where I still have to pick up the gold car and drive back out the Jess and Carl's house. Now while this is all happening, Kristi's car has also broken down in Wheaten and my parents have to deal with getting her car toed as well. Luckily John's best friend Joe is a certified mechanic and his family owns a toe company so I got off lucky. John and Joe toed my car to AMC where we work and he'll fix the serpentine belt tomorrow morning when he can get the part. We went all over trying to find the belt tonight and nobody had it. It was late so places were closing so we have to wait until tomorrow. My car should be back to normal tomorrow I hope. We couldnt leave my car on the side of the highway over night or the cops would probably pick it up so I guess its a good thing I missed my exit because I was very close to work. John and Joe were able to use there vehicals to get my car into the parking lot at my work.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a rough night! How sweet of John to try and surprise you. Too bad it didn't turn out so well. Glad to hear your car will be running again soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hammy that sounds crazy! Glad everything is going to work out though! And how crazy is it that you and kristi both broke down the same night?!

    ReplyDelete