Friday, April 1, 2011

Rodeway Inn

So my friend Chandra and I planned a surprise hotel party girls night for our good friend Ceila. Today on April fools is her 22nd birthday so we've planned it for tonight. We're going to surprise her and take her to the hotel tonight but she thinks the surprise is that her sister invited Chandra and I out to dinner with her and her family. She has no idea about the hotel party we've planned.
Now Chandra and I booked the hotel room through Expedia a while back and it seemed great. We looked at pictures of the room, it has a pool and it even showed that it has a free continental breakfast in the morning. This hotel is right in Glen Ellyn so its even close to home as well. We've been really excited about this for a while now and we've been secretly planning all the details with her sister.
Today is the day we're supposed to be going to this hotel and Chandra and I looked up reviews of this place on a few different websites and they are not good at all. What we thought was going to an amazing night of fun things and staying over in a hotel room might turn out to be not what we expected at all. We cant judge until we actually get there and see for ourselfs but what people are saying about this place isnt good. Chandra and I are going to the hotel ahead of time to decorate it before we pick up Ceila so we'll find out then.

A few of reviews I found online:

"Horrible, Worst Hotel Ever!... bad service, no elevators, people made me feel unsafe. The room was terribly dirty and the staff was unfriendly"

"BED BUGS!!!!!!!... ABSOLUTLEY NASTY!! The hotel has a disgusting smell that actually gave me a headache"

"Do not stay here... this was the worst hotel I have ever been to. The hallway smelled like mold and smoke. The room was dirty and had roaches"

"What a Dump!!!! This was the dirtist, nastiest hotel I have ever been to. I highly recommend that you do not go here. Staying on the street would be cleaner...and the smell, the worst!!!"

Chandra and I dont want to jump to conclusions but we might end up staying at one of our houses or anywhere else. Will see how things go when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment