Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter Madness!

Tonight was opening night of Harry Potter. Harry Potter is one of the worst movies for us theater folks because Harry Potter fans are insane. Tickets for our midnight showings of Harry Potter started selling out two months ago. As we sold out more and more theaters we added more and more theaters. In the end we had eleven sold out shows of Harry Potter playing at midnight tonight. We also added a 3:15 am showing which was selling out quick last minute so we were going to add another 3:15 am showing.
For the midnight showings of Harry Potter people were already showing up to wait in line at 4:00 pm. That's seven whole hours of waiting in line just to see a movie. If there were a die hard Potter fan in this room with me right now they would probably kill me when I say this but is it worth it? I saw a screening of Harry Potter last night at midnight. I didn't think it was all that spectacular honestly. I liked part one of deathly hallows better then the one coming out tonight. Will see what all the die hard Potter fans think of the movie though. I don't read the books so my opinion doesn't really count all that much.
I only had to work until 9:00 pm tonight so I got to clock off right when all the midnight madness was starting. I hung out for a while and walked around because I love seeing everyone in there costumes. From Valdemort to Hagrid, Dumbledore, and even Severus Snape, people come to the show all decked from head to toe in Potter gear. Some people dress up as all sorts of characters from the movies but people mainly wear capes and wave their wands. Now I'm at home while the rest of my friends are all still at work until 3:30 in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment