Thursday, July 7, 2011

Minocqua Wisconsin

On Thursday June 30th my parents, my friend Ceila, and I all left for a week up at the lake. My sister and her friend Anne also came up but they drove up earlier then we did in Kristi's car. I had work until 5:15pm and my mom had work until 5:00pm so by the time we were able to leave on Thursday it was about 6:00pm. It took us a little over five hours to get up to Minocqua. We arrived somewhere around 11 or 12 am. I was exhausted because I had been at Six Flags the day before until very late. Then I had to get up for work the next morning and leave for the lake straight after that. So I unpacked, gave Ceila the grand tour and I passed out in my bed. I had had a lot on my plate the last few days and I needed some sleep.
My sister and I each had a friend up to the lake this time and my parents also had their two good friends Dick and Diane up to the lake as well. We werent sure on the sleeping arrangements but in the end it worked out for the best. All the kids slept on one side of the house and the adults slept on another. That way us kids wouldn't be annoying the adults that are trying to sleep if we stay up later. Kristi and Anne slept in the green room upstairs and Ceila and I slept in the room attached to the green room that has my dads old bunk beds in it.
















We stayed up at the cottage until today which is Wednesday. I'm glad I was able to spend Forth of July up at the lake. Its always better being on the lake and watching fireworks from a boat then anywhere else. Diane bought a bunch of fireworks from the store and she ended up liting them all off on the third of July. She was to excited and they were so fun that we couldn't stop ourselves. I think I heard more fireworks go off on the third of July then I did on the forth of July actually. On the Forth of July my parents, Ceila, and I went and watched the Mincoqua fireworks display out on the water in our boat. Its kind of hard to keep still with the wind and all the other hundreds of boats there but we managed.






















Ceila loved it up at the lake, she didn't want to go home and go back to work. She isn't much of a swimmer so she wasn't in the lake a whole lot but we did do alot of other things to. We went go carting multiple times, horseback riding, miniature golfing, and lots of shopping up town. They have great clothing stores, yummy cheese, and of course chocolate turtles at Dan's Mincoqua Fudge which is the old fashioned candy store up town.




















Diane is my dads best and oldest friend. She grew up with him on the same street. They say they don't even remember meeting they were so young. It was great hearing all the old stories of what they used to do when they were kids. Diane lived almost directly across the street from my dad. Her and my dad used to talk on the phone and wave to each other from there front windows as kids. "I'm on the phone with you and I'm waving to you at the same time, can you see me, I can see you".
Diane and her husband Dick came down from Michigan. That's why my parents aren't able to see them very often. It takes them ten hours to get up to our lake from there house. I cant even imagine driving that long for a short weekend and then driving all the way back. On the way to our lake they did take the ferry though so four of their ten hours were spent sleeping on a boat and after that they drove the rest of the way to Minocuqa.
















The wheather was hot and sunny the entire vacation except for the last day. On the last day the clouds were dark almost all afternoon. We knew it was going to rain eventually but we didn't know when and of course it starts down poring while Ceila and I are uptown. We got completely drenched from head to toe running to the car in the poring rain but we had our swim suits on and a little water never hurt anyone. Its just annoying that we werent anywhere near our car so all of our stuff got soaked. My camera bag, my purse, and myself. I was sad to leave today but my dad had to get back to work. I also have to go back to work and start school on Monday. At least I was able to fix in a vacation before school. This vacation was the best ever and it was much needed. I didnt even have to know what day it was or what time it was, I could just do whatever I wanted every single day.

Here are some other random pictures that I took up at the lake. I took so many its hard to choose which ones to post on my blog.

Having a bonfire outside and watching the neighbors one day early fireworks display on July 3rd.













Diane, Ceila, and I.













Forth of July parade uptown.















Kristi at the sand dunes.















A picture of Krist's legs under the lake that I took on my underwater camera. Dosent it look creepy? It looks like a dead body.















I caught a fishie! I only caught two the whole trip but I was happy I even caught that many because they werent really biting to begin with. It was to sunny.













Me jumping into the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment