Sunday, July 10, 2011

Henry Winkler

Nothing exciting or interesting ever really happens around my town. Schaumburg is bigger than Roselle but even so Illinois isn't really a place where awesome things happen. This amazing story I'm about to share probably tops anything that will happen at my work for a while. Henry Winkler aka 'The Fonz' from the old T.V show Happy Day's came to see a movie at our theater. I didn't start work until 6:00pm today but I got to work around 5:00pm extra early because I had brought oreo cookie cheesecake for my friends birthday. I wasn't in my work clothes yet but I was just hanging out talking to some of the employee's and there he was. All the sudden my friend goes that's the Fonz, that's Henry Winkler. We're all starring at him for a while almost in dis belief. We couldn't believe it but there he was, Henry Winkler was at our theater to watch horrible bosses at 5:20pm. I was so excited I couldn't think of anything else the entire night. We were all slacking on our work because we all couldn't stop talking about Henry Winkler being at our theater. He ordered a popcorn and water from my friend Jessica. She says she knew it was him and couldn't stop smiling the entire time. I was amazed at how nice and friendly he was. I was kind of starring at him while he walked by and I think he noticed because he said "hi, how are you?". I was an usher so I literally stalked his theater after he went in to it until 7:08 when his movie got out. I made sure I was there early so I wouldn't miss him coming out. When the movie got out we were going to try and catch him so I could take a picture of him. I had my camera with me of course but there was a huge crowd and he got out with the crowd and I couldn't get up to him. Eventually I ran and I was following right behind him. He wasn't hearing me though because there was alot of people so in the end I only got a picture of his back from a distance while he was outside of the theater leaving. He was really great though and I'm so glad I got to talk to him even if it was just to tell him the bathroom was down the hall.:)
When he left he gave my friend Jamelva who was ticket taker a pat on the back and said "you have yourself a great day". He was very smiley when he talked to everyone and he always said thank you. So polite, so friendly, I'm just amazed I guess. He gave a great first impression and I'll never forget this day.
I'm surprised not more people recognized him though. He was by himself and he walked down the hall to his theater and eventually left normally without anyone saying anything to him. Although he has completely gray hair now theres no doubt about it that he's 'The Fonz' because he looks exactly the same just with grey hair.

That's the back of Henry Winkler, the best photo I could get. I tried...















Fonzie then.



















Fonzie now.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'm obsessed with celebrities, too. One of the Bull's players was just at a restaurant that I was at, and I couldn't stop staring.

    ReplyDelete