Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cars Stink!

Once again something happens with my car. Its always something! As soon as I get the chance to start saving money up something new has to go wrong. After vacation I started working a ton of hours at work. I figured it would be great to save up some money again finally. But of course not, something had to come up. I had to get books for all my classes which wasted most of my money. Just when I didn't think anything else could go wrong my car decides to die on me. I got out of class around 2:30 in the afternoon and I had an hour to spare before work. No point in going home so I went to an art store. On my way to work from the art store I'm sitting at a stop light with my foot on the break. As soon as the light turns green my car just wont do anything. It completely died on me and a cop had been a few cars away so he pulled up right behind me. He was very friendly and kind but he said I was a hazard in the middle of this busy road. So he wanted to toe me so I called my dad and my parents drove out to Schaumburg as quickly as they could. In the meanwhile a toe truck came and got me and pulled my car into a parking lot near by. My parents met us there and then my dad had the guy toe my car to our auto place in Roselle. What a mess this whole thing was. On the plus side though I got to ride in a toe truck, it was freaking awesome in there! I got to watch them lift my car up off of the street onto the bed of the toe truck. The cop was also very nice while we were waiting to. He asked me if I was to hot waiting in my car if I wanted to sit in his cop car with the air conditioning on. He said if I had any questions or concerns to just let him know. I love that guy! He makes me have more appreciation for cops. :)
My car had died once before about a week ago but it was in our drive way so it wasn't a big deal. We haven't had any time to get my car in to be looked at recently. However, my car didn't have any more troubles after it died that one day in our drive way so it seemed to be fine. Of course it wasn't fine, it decided to break down again today. This time I wasn't lucky enough to be in my drive way. Apparently the fuel pump sensor went bad in my car whatever that means. Thus, my car has troubles and dies when it is really hot out which explains why it died a week ago and today but it was fine in between. The two days my car died was when it was the hottest temperature out. Once my cars fuel pump sensor issue is fixed I better not be having any more car issues for a while. They said my car looks ok otherwise so I'm hoping their right. Lately all we've been doing at the Mickow house is spending money to fix our cars. My car dies, the gold van needs breaks, Kristi's car has a bad fuel pump. Its one thing after another with all our cars, its so costly.

No comments:

Post a Comment