Thursday, June 30, 2011

Six Flags... Again

Today myself and three of my other friends from work Jessica, Pedro, and Liz all went to Six Flags Great America. We had been planning this trip for a while now, I cant believe its already over.
We got to the park around 10am when it opened and we didn't leave the park until 10:30pm. By the time we got to Pedro's car we were all pooped and ready to relax. We dragged out all of the coolers we brought and pigged out on some food in the parking lot. Then we left back to AMC where we had all parked our cars earlier that morning. Overall it was a fantastic day! Our friend Pedro wanted to do the flash pass and I've never done one before but it turned out great. It was actually pretty freaking busy for a Wednesday so we were happy to be able to cut in line on all the roller coasters. We just had to reserve our spot in the little flash pass and then we'd show up at the coaster and they'd let us right in at that certain time. I think the flash pass was a wonderful idea after all and I'd highly recommend it. I would definitely do it again the next time I go to Six Flags. Between the four of us we all only spent around $56 dollars for the initial costs which is cheap for Six Flags. The $56 included our buy one get one free online ticket, the parking, and flash pass which were both split between the four of us. So overall after dividing the cost between the four of us it was a cheap day honestly. I could have spent much more at Six Flags but we got some good deals and it was all worth it. After we had a picnic in the parking lot at Pedro's car for lunch we decided to go check out Hurricane Harbor water park. I was so excited because I'd never been in there before and everything looked like a blast. In the end Hurricane Harbor was the worst time I had all day. Half the attractions in there were closed for maintenance or random stupid reasons and the lines were long as heck. We literally walked all the way across the park to go on the lazy river which we didn't even end up going on because it had a line winding around three times. Then we decided to go to the wave pool because at this point we just wanted to get wet anywhere. The wave pool was closed for maintenance so we headed over to the kitty area desperate to get wet and as soon as I put my foot in the water the guy say's sorry we're closed because apparently somebody had just puked in the pool. So all in all we went on like two water slides that we had to wait forever in line for and we were at the water park almost three hours. As soon as we left the water park and started going on rides again my happy meter shot way up. I was disappointed how much I hated Hurricane Harbor. For a first experience it sure was a bad one and I rate it a D for the day. Tomorrow I have to get up early to work and as soon as I'm done working its off to the cottage. I'm going to be so tired I'll probably pass out and sleep the entire car ride.

Me posing with Superman.















All of us with Porky the Pig.















Hurricane Harbor view from the top of a water slide.















Pedro in a fountain of water.















Jaws!















Jaw's is about to chomp my head off!















Self portrait taken on Raging Bull with my DV1 HD video camera. I'm not scared of Raging Bull at all. I just made this face for fun but it really looks like I'm terrified. This is my all time favorite picture of the day.















Liz on Orbit.















Six Flags at night from the top of American Eagle roller coaster.















Porky Pig at the glow in the dark parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment