Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Day

I cant say I'm a very lucky person but this holiday my luck really turned around. I was supposed to work a 2-10 pm shift on Christmas which is terribly awful. I mean honestly who wants to work on Christmas day? One of the guys at my work ended up switching with me though and I was so grateful. He didn't want to work Christmas Eve and I didn't want to work Christmas day. So I ended up switching with him and working his morning shift until 2:00 pm on Christmas Eve so I was still able to enjoy the night at Kyle and Teri's. He took my Christmas day shift so I had off completely. It was a win win situation in the end and I'm so happy I was able to all my time with the family.
On Christmas Day we don't really do to much but its still nice to have it off and be lazy all day. In the morning we woke up and opened presents. My sister and I got matching tire gages for our cars this year since we've been having tire problems recently. My mom got a deep fryer from my dad with some funnel cake mix. We recently tried it out on her fried chicken recipe and it was mighty tasty. I'm so anxious to make some funnel cake in the fryer. My dad got a bunch of new clothes and some hats for Christmas and my grandma got a new robe from Kristi and I. Usually she doesn't ask for anything, she says she doesn't want anyone to get her stuff. But this year she actually said she could use a new robe so how could we not get it for her. It's the only thing I've probably ever heard her actually ask for. I'd say this Christmas was quite brilliant despite there being no snow on the ground! :(
Later on in the day Aunt Laurel and Uncle Larry came over and we hung out with them all day, played scrabble, and had a nice dinner later on.

All the presents under the tree.














Grandma trying on her new robe.














Kristi and I showing off our new tire gages!














New shirts for dad.














Christmas Kitty.















New C'n Green Landcare hat.














Mom's new deep fryer.














Carnival funnel cake mix! :)














My new purple leopard pajama pants from dad, so stylish!




















Kristi's new hand weights.














The Ham Hat (as my dad calls it). Holly Ann Mickow.













Mom sporting her new Christmas socks and slippers.














Cafe' Frappe coffee maker so Kristi can make all the fancy coffee's she likes

No comments:

Post a Comment