Monday, January 23, 2012

My Website

This quarter I'm in a class called Portfolio. Portfolio is basically a class where everyone works on their own at there own pace. Its basically a class where we're preparing everything for the Portfolio show we have before we graduate.

Portfolio class To Do List:

Finish logo design
Finish business card design
Print business cards
Complete design resume
Print copy's of design resume for portfolio show
Create my website
Put my portfolio in order
Print and mount my portfolio images
Find Archival box to hold my images for show
Figure out what my give away is for the show (pens, magnets, ect)

The reason I'm blogging today though is to put the link to my website in this post. I don't want to spend the money for a real website right now so for the time being I created a free one one on wix.com. It will get me past this class and work until I decide to create a real one in the future. My teacher said it was fine with him.

http://www.wix.com/hollymickow/photography

I have so much other stuff I need to worry about for this class right now so I'm happy I was able to throw a simple website together and move on. The school makes this portfolio show out to be something amazing and something we spend alot of money on. My teacher for portfolio is blunt and honest and is telling us its not what the school makes it up to be. He says don't be spending gobs of money on everything and go the cheap route. He says even if we go the cheaper route we can still make our stuff look good. So instead of spending alot of money on a fancy portfolio book I'm going to have my images scattered in an archival box. They'll still be mounted and they'll still look real nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment