Sunday, February 20, 2011

50 Years!

Last night we celebrated my mothers 50th birthday at Rock Bottom Brewery in Yorktown with most of her friends and family. Her official birthday isn't until Wednesday actually. My parents are going back to Rock Bottom on her official birthday to get a free meal because there apart of the rock bottom mug club there. It was a fun time and you cant beat a free meal, my dad paid for everything surprisingly.
My mom's college roommate Sandy was able to make it and she bought my mom an over the hill cane with some mirrors and horns on it. After my mothers birthday we'll retire it to grandma, "coming through, dishes to do!"
I'm glad I was able to make it because I don't get to see everybody very often. John and I worked morning shifts so we both came. Owen and Kyle were there, Jessica and Carl, Debbie and Gary and a few of my mom and dads friends made it also.
For my mothers birthday John and I got her an xbox 360 with kinect. My sister ended up giving my mom the kinect Zumba Fitness that John and I bought to go with the console. My mother has said a few times that she wanted the Wii so she could do fitness on it. After much thought and opinions from people telling me how great the kinect was I went with the kinect. Everyone recommended it over the Wii and it does look real fun so I hope I made the right choice. Cant wait to play it!
Happy 50th Birthday Mother, your finally over the hill.

Owen and Kyle













Jessica and Carl













Debbie and Gary













My mom and her college roommate Sandy













Holly and John













Debbie Shelton













Family photo













Mom's new Xbox 360 kinect













Over the hill cane from Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time! Wish I could have made it, but Kyri was asleep by 7:30 last night! Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mom happy birthday!!! i miss you guys!! <3

    ReplyDelete