Thursday, February 3, 2011

CRAZZZYY BLIZZRD!

The past few days have been pretty intense but I've had alot of fun. On Tuesday they closed work early at 2:30 pm so we all went home. I didn't think it was that bad out until I actually got onto the roads, I was slipping and sliding every where. I guess it was a good thing they let us out when they did. I was safe at home before the crazy blizzard actually started. My mom and I went out in the blizzard and walked around that night while my dad was out plowing. It was fun but the snow was blowing so hard side ways you could barley open your eyes.
The next day was a massive snow day, nobody went to work. McDonolds wasn't open, not even Walmart. All I can say to that is...WOAH!
Since the roads still weren't good enough to drive on I got all my gear on and instead trudged through the snow over to my friends house on foot. Her and her sisters and I hung out all day long playing in the snow, drinking hot chocolate and watching movies. It was a great snow day, I'm so glad I didn't have to go to school.
Today is Thursday and unfortunately my great snow day had to end sometime. I braved the roads this morning to make it to work by 10am. When I got to work I found out the heat was broken so we all froze all day with no heat. The heat guy was there all day shoveling the roof off and trying to fix the heat but he wasn't going fast enough.
I left at 5:15 pm and the heat still hadn't been fixed. It was busyer than expected though because all the schools were off for a second day so surprisingly everyone came to see a movie. I'm sure they all froze though because there was no heat in the theaters.
On a good note my dad made tons of money plowing. He couldn't keep up with the phone calls he was getting. He'd plow a house and get back into his car and he'd have three more missed calls for more people wanting him to plow there driveway. On top of his regular accounts he had all these other customers calling him. Unfortunately my boyfriend John picked this week to go to Arizona. He's down there visiting his mom so my dad had no help. There both sorry because John could of been making a ton of money and my dad could of gotten alot more done.
Anyhow, that's all for my snow adventure story. Hope everyone had a great snow day!











1 comment:

  1. Hammy! I've been waiting for an update for ages!!! Everyday I've been checking like multiple times!! haha, looks like you had fun! I can't believe how much snow you all got. We have barely any compared to that!!

    ReplyDelete