Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back from Vacation

I'm back from my vacation sadly, I didn't wanna leave but unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow. It was a fantastic vacation though, I had a really great time! The weather wasn't so great half the time but at least we got about three sunny days out of our week. We arrived on Friday July 2nd around 10 pm so there wasn't that much to do then so we basically just unpacked and watched tv. On the third of July it was our first official full day in Minocqua and it was beautiful! It was very hot and sunny that day. A good start to our vacation! The next two or three days it rained all day long so we went up town and just hung around the house. The rest of the week they were predicting rain all day everyday so it kinda bummed us out a little bit but in the end two of the days it was supposed to rain it ended up being very sunny instead. We still got in a bunch of swimming and tubing and we went out on the boat alot to. We also got to do quite a bit of fishing which was nice because I absolutely love fishing! I tried to get as much fishing in as possible seeing as though I had to pay $25 freaking bucks for my fishing license. Since I'm 21 I cant be included on the family fishing license my dad gets anymore and so I had to buy my own. I got my moneys worth though because I went fishing at least two or three times each day. Caught maybe about seven fish total the whole week. At first they weren't biting much but about half way into our vacation I just got lucky and started catching some.
It was a full house this week at our cottage but its nice having alot of people up there. My parents and I, my Grandma and sister were all able to come up this year. My sister brought along her friend Dan and also Jessica and Carl came up for the week as well. A few days into the week my cousin Arayana from Michigan drove down to stay for a few days so it was nice to see her. We barley ever get to see her, the last time we saw her was at Jessica and Carl's wedding in June of 2007. Three years is far to long, I hope its not another three years before we get to see her again.
So in the end my sister decided she was going to come home a day earlier. She decided she would come home today (Thursday) instead of Friday like we had originally planned. She said they were going to leave at 5:30 am so they could make it home before noon and surprise her boyfriend at summer school. In the end I found out I was scheduled to work on Friday when I wasn't supposed to go back to work until Saturday. Thus, I ended up having to come home with her and Dan at 5:30 in the morning. It wasn't so bad, I slept the whole way back while they were the ones who had to watch the road. However, It would of been nice to have another day and a half up there before coming back. I was having to much fun. I didn't wanna leave!

Feeding the chipmunks


Tubing- Dan and Kristi


Kristi driving the boat


Jessica and Carls Dog Tybalt. He cant swim very well because hes a smaller dog so he has a little life jacket.


Dad caught a fish!


Dan, standing out on a rock in the middle of the lake


Minocuqa Sunset- Taken from our boat while fishing


I caught a fish!


Our good neighbor Norb Brost who lives two doors down from our cottage. Slalom skiing (skiing with one ski) at 81 years old.


Cousins Holly, Kristi and Arayana- Updated Picture


Sail Boat racing

1 comment:

  1. That chipmunk picture looks like it's out of a professional nature magazine! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete