Sunday, June 5, 2011

Engagement Photos

With the ending of the Rose Festival they always have the Rose Parade. The Rose Parade is always held on the Sunday which would be today.
Today at 2:00 pm was the annual Rose Parade and I was upset that I had to miss it. Even though its the same stuff every year its tradition. I've been going to the Rose parade with my family for years. We sit with all our friends in the same spot every single year and its a blast no matter what. Catching candy and watching all the floats never gets old. Today I had something else I had to do though, I was hired to take engagement photo's for my friend Chandra's sister Karen. Karen and her soon to be husband Tom asked me if I would take photo's for them to use at there wedding. They want to have a few photos of themselves to put on some of the tables at there wedding. I said yes because I always love a photo shoot but today just wasn't the best day. It was wicked hot out and the sun was way to bright. I don't feel like I did a good job at all. I like a few of the pictures but other then that I'm not satisfied with them at all. It was way to bright out and working with two models just isn't my thing I guess. At least I can say I've tried engagement photo's and I have a little experience in them but I will never do them again unless I have help.
We took them at Carol Stream Fountain which is a nice little place with fountains, a gazebo, a bridge and pond. I thought it would be fun and I was pretty excited about it but in the end I wish I had never done the photo shoot because it was terrible. I would have much rather gone to the parade.
I have to give her the pictures no matter what even though I'm not satisfied with them at all. I love natural light but today it was just to bright and it wasn't working for me at all. I like fashion photography and I think I'll stick to doing that with my one model. Usually I wont have more then one model for that.
The photo shoot being terrible today had nothing to do with Karen, Tom or Chandra. I enjoyed hanging out with Chandra, her sister Karen and Tom alot. There all great! I havent seen Chandra in a while either. I'm just hoping the next photo shoot I do will turn out much better then this one did.









No comments:

Post a Comment