Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rose Festival

This weekend was our towns Rose festival already. Besides Glen Ellyn our town is one of the first towns to hold there fest. I drive past the Roselle train station every single day multiple times a day going to and from school and work. As soon as I saw some trucks parked by the station I knew it was that time already. I love when its that time of year! Kids are just starting to get out of school for the summer, finals exams are wrapping up and the fest is the start of summer. Roselle fest is always a great way to kick off the start of summer. Even though its small, has the same rides every single year and everything is way over priced its just a fun atmosphere. I love carnivals because there something to do. Music, lights, people and food. Even if you just walk around the whole time like my friends and I did its still nice to get out of the house and do something different. The carnival only comes once a year anyways so you might as well get there as much as you can.
My friends Celia, Carol and I went up Thursday night which was the first night it opened and we walked around for a while to check it out. On Friday I didn't end up working so we went up again and walked around some more. On Saturday we went up a third time and did the noon to five wrist band. It was a blast riding the rides all day but it was extremely hot. We were all almost to the point of passing out because we couldn't take the heat. We finally dragged ourselves over to McDonald's across the street and got some food in us, drank some water and had ice cream. The air conditioning in McDonald's, the water and the food definitely helped. We walked back up to the fest after that and went on more rides before we got down pored on. The rain came out of no where but it felt so good. We danced around in it and got soaked all the way through to our underwear but it was better then being hot. While it pored we went on the bumper cars about fifteen times and then the rain was finished. The storm passed fast and we started riding the other rides again and kept on going until 5:00. At five we walked back to my friends house and I left for work.
I had a blast at the fest this weekend, I'm sad to see it go already. I got to drive past it one last time tonight coming home from work. All the rides still had there lights on so I got a good last glimpse. Tomorrow's Monday, they'll already be packed up and gone by the time I drive past there.

Zero Gravity













Pharaoh's Fury












Wipe Out


No comments:

Post a Comment